Thursday, March 19, 2009

First Party

Tomorrow is my first event in NYC this year. I haven't done a party in several years, so I am really rusty and slightly anxious. I was very much looking forward to tomorrow's event mainly because this was going to be my first event with real jewelry displays. I was so exicted, but let's focus on the imperative word: was.

That's right...not anymore. The evil shipping gods have determined that I shall not receive my merchandise until Saturday, March 21st. Evil bastards. My annoyance knows no bounds! Granted, there is the slim chance that the displays will arrive early and my Fedex guy will bring them to me - but it is really just a fantasy so I must move on. (Que music: I, I will survive...)

So, yesterday I started working on temporary earring displays made out of corkboards and black velvet. They do not look exactly as I desired but I am determined to keep plowing away on the project. If all turns out fairly well, I will also post some instructions, tips and pics for DIY earring displays.

I will be sure to report back this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment